ICC has announced that it is to establish an ICC Court Alumni Group, keeping members connected to the world’s most preferred arbitral institution.
Open to all former members of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, the ICC Court Alumni Group will engage members in support of ICC’s commitment to investing in and innovating ICC’s world-leading arbitral process to provide business and other users with effective alternative dispute resolution methods to support global commerce.
The ICC Court Alumni Group is the latest network expansion initiative to launch in the lead up to the Centenary of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, taking place in 2023, with plans to engage members in Centenary preparations and celebrations to mark one-hundred years of ICC’s market-leading Arbitration services.
ICC Court President Claudia Salomon said: “We want to assure that former members continue to feel connected to ICC and provide a platform to enable them to serve as mentors and senior leaders for the next generation of the arbitration community.”
ICC Court Alumni will become an integral part of ICC’s extensive network in over 100 countries, enabling them to remain at the forefront of conversations on the future of arbitration.
Chair of the ICC Court Alumni Steering Committee Kevin Kim said: “While the ICC Court Alumni will offer a range of benefits for members – from network building to exclusive insights into the development and activities of the Court – our emphasis will be on connecting and fun.”
The ICC Court Steering Committee is currently working to develop the Alumni’s digital launch activities and plan in person events when conditions allow, including for an ICC Court 100th Anniversary event in 2023.
Secretary General of the ICC Court and Director of ICC Dispute Resolution Services Alexander G. Fessas said: “Connecting former and current members of the ICC Court will serve to expand our unique and truly global network, while further strengthening our outreach and global reputation.”
Members of the Steering Committee:
- Kap-You (Kevin) Kim, Senior Partner, Peter & Kim, (Seoul), and former Vice-President of the ICC Court
- Inka Hanefeld, Founding and Managing Partner, Hanefeld (Hamburg), and former Vice-President of the ICC Court
- Yoshimi Ohara, Partner, Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu, (Tokyo), and former Vice-President of the ICC Court
- Roland Ziadé, Partner and Global Co-Head of International Arbitration, Linklaters (Paris), and former Member of the ICC Court
- Eduardo Zuleta, Zuleta Abogados, (Bogata) and former Vice-President of the ICC Court